Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sudbury Results

So I had started a quick post Saturday before I left, by my ride showed up before I could finish. So really quickly, this is the list I was using for the 2000 point tournament.

HQ
Asdrubael Vect - 277 pts
Urien Rakart - 235 pts
-5 UberGrotesques
-Raider w/ horrorfex

Elite
8 Wyches - WychWeapons, PlasmaGrenades, Succubus, Agonizer, Trophy Rack - 205 pts
-Raider w/ horrorfex
8 Wyches - WychWeapons, Succubus, Agonizer, Trophy Rack - 197 pts
-Raider w/ horrorfex

Troops
10 Warriors - 2 Dark Lances - 100 pts
10 Warriors - 2 Dark Lances - 100 pts
10 Warriors - Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite, Agonizer - 181
-Raider w/ horrorfex
10 Warriors - Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite, Agonizer - 181
-Raider w/ horrorfex
10 Warriors - Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite, Agonizer - 181
-Raider w/ horrorfex

Heavy Support
Ravager - 3 Disentegrators - 120
Ravager - 3 Disentegrators - 120
Talos - 100

Because of the points value, I had to go with Vect, I have only ever used him one other time. Since he counted as an Archon, I figured Urien was an easy second choice. I didn't expect them both to perform well because they'd tread on one anothers toes, which they did, but they worked very well on dividing attention. This let the core warrior and Raider squads do the majority of the work and claim objectives.

I managed a best overall, with 2 wins and one very close tie. They were great games, the first against a very awesome looking Nurgle Marine army. Then I fought a bit of a power IG list, the only thing it was missing was Creed. He was familiar with the Dark Eldar and knew what to stay away from. Finally I fought a woeful game against a very good Necron player. We both rolled horrendously, if not for one mistake on his part, the game would have been much closer. I think he performed the best of the 3 opponents considering he was very unfamliar with my army.

The friend I went with did good as well, with his last match needing him to get a tie or better to place, he unfortunately ended up loosing having been thrown off by the unfamiliar IG army. He wasn't sure how to handle it and openly admits, he didn't play his game the way his gut said he should.

Overall we had a blast, and hope to return again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment