So I haven't gotten nearly the number of games in to keep going with my tactics articles, hopefully that will be remedied a bit this weekend. So what have I been doing? Sitting on my butt? Ya, mostly . . . but I've also been doing some painting and conversion work. One of the units I've been working on getting ready for play is my Hellions. They aren't quite done, but expect some pics coming soon.
I've also been doing some minor conversion work. While looking for some bits for another project (that got pushed to the back of the workbench) I came across an old partial conversion that I got from a friend in a trade. It was meant to be a hellion skyboard for an Archon in the previous edition, simply a part of an Eldar Vyper with some small conversion work. Problem was it got broken and never completed.
"Hey, I need a Baron Sarthonyx to go with my hellions, and joing my beasts. He needs a cool skyboard!" As the though went through my head the bits started flying. A couple evenings worth of work I got what you see below.
|Comin at you|
|Quite the "pigstikka"|
Next I needed a Hellglaive. My first though was modifying the powerspear from the Scourges set, but the pulled back nature didn't flow with the pose. While I was digging for that bit though, I noticed the spear from the Raider passengers. This was a wicked looking hook, and had some promise. I built out the glaive blades by trimming down the top side of the spear head so it was flat and then adding a second spearhead . I did this with another non-wielded spear, and then trimmed down the handle on both spears and glued them together. A quick check of the Baron's wargear, a pistol arm, and some more Blue-Tac and the model concept was dryfit together.
|Looking down at trouble.|