This time the leg came out much better, and overall the part came out looking more like I expected. The sharp edge of the leg was a little dull and jagged, this is in part because this is where the split for the mold was made.Also, the blades along the outer side of the leg didn't get as much definition. The blades were very much expected, I didn't put in the proper venting for them when I made the mold. I figured I could always just add those pieces on later if I needed, with the number of extra bits in the Raider and Ravager kit I should have enough to finish one titan at the very least.
|Titan Leg V2|
The next leg is in the block curing now, I had did a little more research and it was suggested that putting talc powder on the inside of the mold helped the resin reach all the nooks and crannies, so that is the experiment this time, hopefully it will help show an improved result.
If I can get 3 more legs of the above quality, then I'll play with adding the rod for the next 4. But first, time to get the body finished and get some more silicone rubber to cast the part. I'd say to expect more updates, but I'm sure we all know I'm lazy and they may be not come soon.